Due to current health restrictions, we have limited service offerings available.
To book a session, please use the Book Now button below.
Bookings can only be made two days in advance. Booking slots will be released online daily at 7:00am.
Due to demand and capacity restrictions, we know that we may not be able to accommodate everyone interested in booking a session and will continue to work on methods of making the booking process as equitable as possible. If all available slots have been booked, you will receive the message “Sorry, there is currently no availability".
Unfortunately our team is unable to amend or place bookings over the phone if we are already fully booked. We ask that you please only contact us regarding bookings if you are having technical difficulties or are unable to use the online system.
If spaces are fully booked, we encourage you to continue to try and book for a future date as more sessions are released daily. We look forward to a greater easing of restrictions when we can welcome more of the community back and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please note all persons entering the pool space must have a booking, including supervising adults to ensure we remain within the government restrictions for pool capacities.
See below for our full booking terms and conditions. For details on modifying your booking, please see our Support Guide.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
- All staff directions and signage must be strictly adhered to.
- Due to the government restrictions, there are patron limits in place for the 50m pool and Program Pool.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they are unwell or have any symptoms of the virus COVID-19 i.e. Fever, headache, and cough.
- Participants are not to attend the facility if they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- All users of the facility will be temperature checked upon arrival.
- All users of the facility over the age of 12 must wear a facemask indoors at all times unless in the water.
- Sessions in the pool are only for 1 hour followed by 15-minutes to exit the facility and allow staff to undertake cleaning.
- 50m Pool Lap Swimming - Sessions are only for lap swimming and exercise purposes, no free play.
- 50m pool Recreational Space – Sessions are for recreational swimming and free play is permitted.
- Program Pool – Available for gentle exercise and recreational swimming – children welcome.
- Kickboard and Pool Buoys will not be available for hire or use. Participants must bring their own equipment for swimming (e.g. kickboard, pull buoy, goggles)
- Participants must bring their own water bottle; drink fountains will only be available to re-fill bottles.
- Participants must maintain social distancing, follow directional signage and leave as soon as their session is complete, and equipment cleaned and put away if applicable.
- Lockers will not be available for use.
Weekend Recreational sessions
A session will be available on weekends recreational swimming only. Patrons will need to book either the Program Pool or 50m Pool and cross use of pools will not be available. Sessions will run for 1.5 hours, with 15min allocated at the end for patrons to be changed and leave the facility.
On days where weather is forecast 28 degrees plus at 5pm day prior, the splash park will be available for patrons booking the program pool session only.
Program Pool Session: 12.45pm – 2.30pm
50m Pool Session: 1.45pm – 3.15pm
With strict capacity limits in change rooms we encourage patrons to be changed into their bathers before arrival and to get changed outside of the facility after their session.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au