Watch Around Water
WATCH AROUND WATER
Watch Around Water (WAW) is a campaign educating the public about active supervision, and encouraging parents / guardians to take on the responsibility of this role while visiting aquatic facilities.
The campaign aim is to reduce the number of fatal and non-fatal drowning incidents and associated injuries in public aquatic facilities in Victoria within the 0-14 year age group.
Watch Around Water Policies
1. Children under 10 years:
- Must be accompanied into the centre by a responsible parent / guardian
- Must be constantly and actively supervised
- Parents / guardians must position themselves to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child / children
2. Children under 5 years:
- Must be accompanied into the centre and the water by a responsible parent / guardian
- Must stay within arm’s reach during recreational play activities
3. Children 10 years old and over:
- Parents must use their knowledge of an individual child’s swimming ability and general development to determine the level of accompaniment required
Children under 10 years:
- Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 4 Children
Children under 5 years:
- Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 2 Children
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
The centre features an array of pools both indoor and outdoor, catering to leisure swimming, lap swimming, aquatic classes and swimming lessons.
All these sessions are patrolled by a female lifeguard across the heated indoor leisure and program pool.
Personal Trainers here at Noble Park Aquatic Centre have a passion for health and wellness.